Monday, July 19, 2010

Our 5th Anniversary

Well, although I had gotten my days all mixed up this week (I thought Wednesday was the 9th for some reason, and Tuesday the 8th, and so on, which resulted in us accidentally celebrating our anniversary and Chloe's 4 month birthday each two days ahead of their real dates! oops!), Andras and I did make it out tonight for (another) anniversary dinner.

It turned out great, actually, as on our first run we had made reservations at Merlot, a restaurant we used to go to as a treat before we were married, then planned to go hang out at the bookstore that we used to walk to often in the evenings. But then we had a mini-blackout here in Toronto and the restaurant had to close. We ended up going to another place, Queen's Pasta (also nice, we went there for our first Valentine's Day - actually I think the only Valentine's Day we ever celebrated!), and then we got turned away at the bookstore as it was just about to close when we arrived. So although we had had a nice evening out, we were a bit disappointed that it didn't go as planned.

Anyway, this time round we did make it to Merlot and had a fabulous dinner (they have wonderful French cuisine! We highly recommend it), so we were very happy. Andras had homemade pate and a lamb shank, while I had a warm goat cheese and roasted pepper salad and the chicken breast. We shared an orange chocolate mousse for dessert. Oh, and drank some French Merlot, of course! :-)

Thanks to Nagyi and Papo for their babysitting services so we could celebrate - twice!


No comments:

Post a Comment