Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Surprise

Andras and I haven't celebrated Valentine's Day since 2003! That was the first Valentine's when we started dating. We went out for a lovely dinner at Queen's Pasta on Bloor (the same place we went to for our anniversary dinner last year). I was ok with not celebrating, sort of.

Anyway, this year I decided to take matters into my own hands. While out for coffee last week, I noticed that our favourite cafe was having a special Valentine's dinner, a three course set meal, including a glass of champagne (when I say 'cafe' I should probably add that this is no Starbucks coffee shop! I'm talking French gourmet here!). So I decided, "hey, why not?" The price was very reasonable and when I did the math, including babysitting, the whole night would cost no more than $85. At first I thought it would be fun to surprise him with it, but then I realised that probably wasn't very practical because knowing my luck he would probably have to work late and we'd miss it. So instead, I told him my idea. He thought it was a great idea and immediately called up the babysitter and the restaurant to reserve. Very exciting! Our first Valentine's day in 8 years!

As always seems to happen when we book a babysitter for a night out, however, one of the kids got sick (this time it was Clara with her throw-up-athon) and we had to cancel. Very disappointing, but the right thing to do for Clara's sake.

Anyway, when Andras came home from work on Monday, he brought me these to ease the disappointment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment