The school seems really well organised, which is nice. I have a nice, big classroom with a lovely view of the city, including the parliament. For one year only though, as next year we (the little school) will be moving out to the big campus and getting connected with the rest of the elementary school, which will be great. The new campus is gorgeous, and the plans for the new elementary building look great. Construction is underway and it will open next school year (and I think it really will! The rest of the school was built in less than a year).
I was shocked to discover that there is a real, live tarantula living in the school library (and also some kind of giant beetle), but fortunately that's in the big school so I will hopefully never have to go back there again! (Yes, it's in a container, not running around loose. At least not yet....wait til school starts and those grade 7 boys get there...)
Clara has been really good with the new nanny. The first one, Klara, didn't work out. Clara hated her! She didn't give Clara any space at all, and would hold her arms around her whenever she tried to crawl anywhere, in case she crawled into something! She was a nice lady, but totally stressed out about any movement that Clara made! She'd be well suited to a newborn, but not to an active toddler! So we got a new one, Agi, who's really good. Clara likes her and they both seem to be having fun. Agi doesn't speak English, but already she's learned a lot and is really actively trying to learn all the words that Clara knows. She was even singing along to Raffi yesterday when I got home! (She's been studying the lyrics!) Clara, of course, still cries whenever we leave and is clingy when we get back, but in between she seems to fine, and is always happy to see Agi arrive, blows her kisses when she leaves, and talks about her when she's not here! ("Agi, Agi") In fact, she even cried yesterday when Agi said to goodbye to her! And then in the evening she went out to the terrace and called her name over the balcony for a while! So we're very pleased.
In other news, Clara has been doing lots of walking this week and has become quite good at it. She also TOLD me yesterday that she was pooping! (Sorry, that's a bit yucky, you maybe didn't want to know that, but it's big news in this house! Skip the rest of this paragraph if you don't want to hear about it). After lunch yesterday she was turning very red and concentrating, so she was obviously busy filling up her diaper. So I asked her if she was pooping, and she nodded and replied, 'poop'. She said it a few more times while she was busy with it. I was so impressed! (Today Andras is out buying a potty! Not that we expect her to use it for a while, but perhaps this means she's ready to meet one.)
Tomorrow we're going to Grandma and Grandpa Valezy's for lunch, which will be nice. It's unfortunate that we don't yet have a car, though, because it takes 3 buses/trams to get there. Which means that to go for lunch, we have to leave after breakfast, and get back in time for dinner! I should be getting my official address card in the mail sometime this week and then we can get a car at last!
Anyway, that's all for now. I think I'll try to catch a few zzzzzs while Clara is down for a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment