Friday, July 25, 2008

Nanny

Clara had her first day with her new nanny today. She came to spend a few hours with us in the afternoon. She came at lunchtime and after lunch we played a little at home and then we all went for a walk down to the park. There is a large playground there with baby swings (the little playground near our house, unfortunately, doesn't have baby swings), and Klari-neni (the nanny) pushed Clara on the swings for about half an hour, and two older girls came over and 'helped' too. Clara coped very well. She was a bit clingy, especially at first, but she was quite happy on the swing with all the attention she was getting. Andras and I took a little walk around the playground where she could still see us and she was ok. She called out 'Mummy' a lot, but I think that's because it's one of her favourite words at the moment, so she just likes to use it a lot anyway, she does it all the time at home too.

Anyway, the nanny is coming back on Monday and Tuesday for a little bit in the mornings, then we're going to go to the cottage from Wednesday to Sunday. The following week, I think the nanny will start coming for half days, which will give Andras and I some time to finish getting the house organized, and then from Wednesday of that week we start work.

All in all, I think it went well, and I think the nanny will be really good. She was very attentive to Clara and talked to her non-stop the whole time they were playing. I think it will be hard for Clara at first to get used to being away from me, but she'll be in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment